Apply through INTO for an internationally recognised postgraduate degree at a top-ranked university in China. Students benefit from the academic excellence of a renowned university and the dynamic learning environment of an international student cohort.
- A choice of Master’s degrees in Environmental Science, Translation Studies, International Relations and Urban Planning.
- Complete a Master’s degree in 2 years.
- All degrees are taught in English, so no prior knowledge of the Chinese language is needed, except if studying Translation Studies.
Why Nankai University?
- A member of the 211 and 985 groups, China’s elite academic institutions.
- All programs will be taught in Nankai, and graduates will receive a dual Master’s degree from Nankai University and the University of Glasgow respectively.
- Zhou Enlai School of Government is an elite centre for research and teaching in the fields of politics, political science, international political economy, international relations and Sino-Foreign diplomacy.
- $100 million campus opened in Jinnan in 2016 offering new libraries, teaching facilities and accommodation.
- Living in China, students will be immersed in the language and culture.
- Tianjin is a booming city of 13 million people and is only 30 minutes by bullet train from Beijing
Academic entry requirements
All information is provided as a guide and does not guarantee entry. Admissions decisions are at the discretion of the university.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
English language requirements
Translation Studies: IELTS 7.5 with 7.5 in Writing
Other programs: IELTS 6.5 with 6.0 in each band
An eight week Pre-sessional English course is available for students with a lower IELTS score.
For entry in 2019/20:
RMB55,000 per year.
Applicants will automatically be considered for a scholarship of up to RMB30,000 in total
MA International Relations
MSc Environmental Management
MSc Translation Studies
MSc Urban and Regional Planning