Hofstra University remains dedicated to delivering an individualized education experience with small class sizes and personalized attention, bringing students quality learning and career preparation. Our 13:1 student-to-faculty ratio means that students are cared for and supported throughout their entire experience.
Why This University
If your student meets the academic and English language requirements for the degree program, they can apply directly to the university program.
International Year One
International Year One allows students to begin earning credits toward their degree even if they don’t meet the academic and English requirements for direct entry.
- International Year One in Business
- International Year One in Communication
- International Year One in Computer Science
- International Year One in Engineering
- International Year One in Fine and Performing Arts
- International Year One in General
- International Year One in Health Science/Exercise Science
- International Year One in Natural Science
A customized program allowing students to transfer credits and apply them toward their degree.
- Undergraduate Transfer Program
Graduate Pathway program offering the academic foundation, essential language skills and GMAT/GRE test preparation to successfully move on to master’s degrees.
- Graduate Pathway in Accounting
- Graduate Pathway in Biology
- Graduate Pathway in Business Analytics
- Graduate Pathway in Computer Science
- Graduate Pathway in Creative Arts Therapy Counseling
- Graduate Pathway in Cybersecurity
- Graduate Pathway in Engineering Management
- Graduate Pathway in Finance
- Graduate Pathway in Health Administration
- Graduate Pathway in Health Informatics
An intensive program offering students rapid progress in preparation for an academic degree.
- Academic English
- Top 6% of colleges and universities nationwide for mid-career salary for alumni with only a bachelor’s degree (PayScale College Salary Report 2018-2019).
- Top 25% US Colleges (The Wall Street Journal & Times Higher Education, U.S. College Ranking 2019).
- 73% of students completed an internship before graduating (Class of 2017-2018).
- #77 Best Value Schools (U.S. News & World Report 2019).
Campus and location
1. Long Island
CampusLocated on Long Island, just outside New York City, you get the benefit of a safe and beautiful campus, with the excitement of the Big Apple a short commute from your dorm room. Enjoy affordable on-campus housing and make the short walk to classes in a peaceful neighborhood. On-campus dining options and many student organizations will help you meet students from 82 countries. As you get more involved, participate in research and internships that take you eyond campus and into the city for opportunities that prepare you for your future career.
For students applying for direct entry to university accommodation information can be found on the university website.
- Convinently located on campus, close to the Axinn Library & Hammer Computer Lab, the Fitness Center, HofUSA
- Supportive and dedicated housing staff
- Staffed 24 hours a day by a Residence Safety Representative who works for the Department of Public Safety
- Free Wi-Fi and cable
Hofstra’s impressive campus offers a beautiful and active community on Long Island, just outside of New York City. The university continually invests in new and modern facilities with the intent of maximizing student success. With facilities that house state-of-the-art technology and important events like presidential debates, you’ll have access to both modern classrooms and industry-leading faculty.
All eligible applicants are automatically considered for this undergraduate, merit-based scholarship.
All eligible applicants are automatically considered for this graduate, merit-based scholarship.