University of South Florida
Home to 14 academic colleges, USF offers more than 180 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, first-rate facilities, 15,378 engaging faculty staff members and Division I athletics. USF’s mission is to help students succeed as a global community citizen through a competitive curriculum and access to real-world research.
NEW: Ranked #44 Top Public Schools U.S. News & World Report 2020
- #44 Top Public Schools (U.S. News & World Report 2020).
- 1 of 81 Public Universities with Carnegie Foundation’s Tier 1 Highest Research Activity (Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education).
- #5 “Golden Age Universities” (Times Higher Education 2018).
Why University of South Florida?
International Year One
- International Year One in Architecture
- International Year One in Business
- International Year One in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- International Year One in Education
- International Year One in Engineering
- International Year One in General
- International Year One in Natral and Health Sciences
- International Year One in Visual and Performing Arts
Graduate Pathway program offering the academic foundation, essential language skills and GMAT/GRE test preparation to successfully move on to master’s degrees.
- Graduate Pathway in Architecture
- Graduate Pathway i Biology
- Graduate Pathway in Biomedical Engineering
- Graduate Pathway in Business Administration (MBA)
- Graduate Pathway in Business Analytics and Information Systems
- Graduate Pathway in Chemical Engineering
- Graduate Pathway in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Graduate Pathway in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Graduate Pathway in Economics
- Graduate Pathway in Electrical Engineering
An intensive program offering students rapid progress in preparation for an academic degree.
- Academic English
Study Abroad With English
Academic English and undergraduate courses that earn credits toward an undergraduate degree.
- Undergraduate Study Abroad with English
Study Abroad With English (Graduate)
Study Abroad with English is a long-term program combining English language study with the opportunity to experience and gain credits for academic courses.
- Graduate Study Abroad with English in Business
- Preeminent State Research University: One of the top three universities in Florida .
- #44 Top Public Schools (U.S. News & World Report 2020).
- 76% of alumni earn $50,000 or more and 32% earn $100,000 or more per year .
- Top 330 Best Universities in the World (Times Higher Education 2018).
- 11th Worldwide for the number of research patents granted (National Academy of Inventors and Intellectual Property Owners Association 2017).
- #25 among public universities and #42 among both public and private universitites in National Research Rankings (National Science Foundation 2018).
Take a look at our student progression results in all programs for 2018-19:
Eligible: 86.2% of students who successfully completed the Pathway program and qualified for admission as degree-seeking students.
Enrolled: 96% of students who enrolled as degree-seeking students in their next term of degree study at their host university.
INTO North America Progression Record 2018-19, 31st of October 2019
Campus and location
1. Tampa Campus
Located on Florida’s spectacular west coast, Tampa is a metropolitan city that’s home to more than 350,000 people. Living here, you’ll enjoy the excitement of city life as well as the area’s natural beauty. Spend a Saturday on the white sands of Siesta Key, TripAdvisor’s 2015 No. 1 best beach in the US.
2. USF Sarasota-Manatee campus
Nestled along beautiful Sarasota Bay, our scenic campus offers world-renowned beaches and the best in arts and entertainment. With four colleges and one school, USF Sarasota-Manatee provides a wide variety of degrees and programs to suit your individual goals and interests. The vibrant local community and 13:1 student-to-faculty ratio makes USFSM your best choice for a personable university experience.
3. USF St. Petersburg campus
Located on the water in the heart of the bustling downtown, USF St. Petersburg provides many of the advantages of a large public university while maintaining the ability to offer small class sizes in a close-knit learning environment. We offer more than 40 undergraduate and graduate programs in three colleges: Arts & Sciences, Business, and Education.
For students applying for direct entry to university accommodation information can be found on the university website.
Student Residences at USF
- Furniture and bedding
- Air conditioning
- Cable TV
- Internet service
- Common areas for studying and socializing
- Kitchens on every floor
- Laundry facilities
- On-call emergency maintenance 24 hours a day
The student center offers something to eat, somewhere to study or some fun competition in the video gamers’ lounge. Get fit at the campus recreation facility, which features soccer fields, fitness classes, trails and two gyms. The Claw at USF is known as one of the most challenging golf courses in Tampa. There is also an organized network of worship activities to help students pursue their faith.
INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS 2021 – 2022
Good news – freshmen and transfer students are eligible for merit-based scholarships from the USF Office of Admissions! To be considered for merit-based scholarships from the Office of Admissions, students must submit a complete admissions application by the priority deadline. For additional information about the awarding process, please visit Freshman Scholarship Requirements & Timeline.
INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINES
The application submission deadline to be considered for admissions scholarships is February 15, 2021. All required application materials must be received by Admissions by the May 1, 2021 completion deadline.
Application Submission Deadline: February 15
Application Completion Deadline: May 1
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS STARTING IN THE FALL SEMESTER.
These awards are not-stackable. Students will receive the highest award for which they qualify within the awarding timeline. All Green & Gold awards are credited in the form of a partial out-of-state tuition waiver; exact award amounts vary based on the number of credits in which a student enrolls each term.
|USF Green & Gold Presidential Award||$48,000 |
(Up to $12,000 per year)
|3.90+ GPA and |
1340+ SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing & Math only) or
|USF Green & Gold Directors Award||$36,000 |
(Up to $9,000 per year)
|3.70+ GPA and|
1280+ SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing & Math only) or
|USF Green & Gold Scholars Award||$24,000 |
(Up to $6,000 per year)
|3.50+ GPA and|
1210+ SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing & Math only) or
|USF International Student Scholarship||$4,000|
(Up to $1,000 per year)
|3.30+ GPA and|
1180+ SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing & Math only) or
Admission Requirements & Deadline
FRESHMAN REQUIREMENTS AND DEADLINES
Admission to USF is more competitive than ever, but the process of applying is not difficult. Each applicant is considered individually, taking into account grades, rigor of curriculum and standardized test scores. Learn more about how to apply, application deadlines, and admission requirements.
Academic entry requirements
All information is provided as a guide and does not guarantee entry. Admissions decisions are at the discretion of the university.
High school diploma with a minimum 3.0 out of 4.0 GPA equivalency and minimum test scores in SAT or ACT. (GPA for secondary study records will be calculated by USF International Admissions). Minimum post-secondary GPA of 2.5 (if applicable, calculated by USF International Admissions).
Must meet SAT or ACT minimums
SAT minimum score of 1160
ACT minimum score of 24
Note: Lower SAT or ACT will be considered if GPA is higher than a 3.0
International applicants living outside the U.S. may apply up to one year prior to the desired term of entry. Additional time is usually required for submission of academic documents, evaluation, and immigration related matters.
Desired Term of Entry
Term Start Date
October 1, 2020
January 11, 2021
June 1, 2021
August 23, 2021
1. Complete the online application.
2. Pay the non-refundable US $30 application fee.
3. Send original or certified copies of academic transcripts, mark sheets, grade reports, diplomas or certificates, national standardized examination results, or other academic course work to USF.
- Include a certified English translation for all documents not written in English. If you need assistance translating your documents into English, we recommend using the American Translators Association to find a certified translator.
- We can accept digital copies of these secondary and post-secondary school records e-mailed directly from an appropriate official at your school to internat[email protected]. Alternatively, mail your transcripts via post to:
University of South Florida
Office of Admissions
4202 E. Fowler Avenue, SVC 1036
Tampa, FL 33620
4. Send official SAT or ACT scores to USF. If you are submitting ACT scores, you are required to submit scores for the Writing section, per Florida Board of Governors requirements.
- Request official SAT scores directly from The College Board. Our school code is 5828.
- Request official ACT scores directly from ACT, Inc. Our school code is 0761.
5. Send official IELTS, TOEFL or PTEA scores to USF (only required for students from non-English speaking countries). Note: TOEFL/IELTS scores are valid for two years from the original date of examination.
- Request official IELTS scores directly from the testing agency.
- Request official TOEFL scores directly from ETS. Our school code is 5828.
- Request official PEA scores directly from Pearson.
If these English proficiency tests are required, applicants must attain the following minimum scores:
- TOEFL – 79
- IELTS – 6.5
- PTEA – 53
- SAT – 24 (Reading), 25 (Writing and Language)
- ACT – 17 (English), 19 (Reading)
The TOEFL/IELTS requirement may be waived if the applicant has successfully met another requirement of proof of English proficiency as outlined in the USF academic catalog.
6. Send a financial statement that shows funding support based on the estimated cost of attendance for one academic year or two semesters (only required if an F-1 or J-1 visa is required).
If you completed secondary education in any country outside the US, USF requires that you submit the appropriate documents that are the equivalent of graduation from high school in the US. As a general rule, completion of secondary education will consist of 12-13 years of study and the awarding of a diploma or graduation certificate. Please include academic transcripts and exam results of all secondary work.
USF requires freshman applicants to submit official results of at least one college entrance exam (SAT or ACT). USF does not currently require or consider the optional Essay section of the SAT or the ACT for the admission or scholarship review processes. Likewise, SAT Subject Tests are not considered for admission or placement. USF’s code for SAT is 5828 and for ACT is 0761.
Fall 2019 Profile
- Average SAT 1260-1325
- Average ACT 27-30
Must meet SAT or ACT minimums:
- SAT: minimum total score of 1100 (Writing=25, Critical Reading=24, Mathematics=24)
- ACT: minimum total score of 22 (English=17, Reading=19, Mathematics=19)